Each year, the Spellman High Voltage Electronics Clean Tech Competition encourages scientific understanding of real-world issues and the integration of environmentally responsible energy sources.
· The 2018 Challenge: “Solving Climate Change” asks students to develop a clean technology solution to the many problems associate with climate change.
· Teams consist of 1-3 students, are assisted by a Team Leader (i.e. parent, teacher, or mentor), to develop a written proposal.
· No limit to the number of teams per school!
· There is no entry fee.
· Online registration is open here!
o Deadline to register is March 16, 2018
· First Round Paper Submissions are due April 13, 2018.
· 10 Finalist Teams will be selected, given a $200 (USD) stipend and matched with a Mentor to help them prepare a Prototype and presentation for the Finalist Event.
· Finalists compete for the $10,000 (USD) grand prize and a ‘Continued Mentorship’
· Final event to happen at Stony Brook University, New York, USA July 12, 2018!
How can your students get involved?
To help bring the Clean Tech Competition to your organization’s students, we ask that you share information about this opportunity with students, fellow educators, and parents. Feel free to distribute the following informational documents:
· 2018 Competition Flyer
· How the Clean Tech Competition is an Application of Project-Based Learning
· 2018 Student Outreach Flyer
If you have any questions regarding the competition details, or how to incorporate the competition into your curriculum, please contact us. We look forward to having participants representing Kansas in the Clean Tech Competition this year and in years to come!
Competition Administrator: Mr. Frank DiGiovanni * Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
( Phone: +1-516-764-0045
: Website: www.cleantechcompetition.org
Facebook & Twitter
“From young minds come fresh solutions”