We are excited to announce details of the 2019 Kansas KidWind Challenge. Please take a look at the details below and check out the attached informational flyer. This year, we’ll be expanding the Challenge to include four regional and one statewide KidWind Challenge. For those who have participated in the past, we recognize the events are being held earlier in the year than usual and apologize for any inconvenience. This will allow teams from across the state to better participate and provide more time for preparation before the national KidWind Challenge.
2019 Kansas KidWind Challenges
- · SW Kansas – 2/7/19 (Thu): Dodge City (Village Square Mall) – register
- · NE Kansas – 2/14/19 (Thu): Manhattan (Unger Complex) – register
- · SE Kansas – 3/1/19 (Fri): Burlington (Wolf Creek Nuclear Power Plant) – register
- · NW Kansas – 3/7/19 (Thu): Oakley (Northwest Kansas Educational Service Center) – register
- · Statewide – 3/30/19 (Sat): Topeka (Kansas Museum of History) – by invitation to top teams
We’ll be hosting two informational webinars on Thurs, Dec. 13 and Mon, Jan. 7 at 3:45pm, so please consider attending. The webinars will be recorded, even if you can’t make either of them. Click on the hyperlinks above or visit www.kansasenergyprogram.org/kidwindchallenge to sign up.
More information about the events can be found at www.kansasenergyprogram.org/kidwindchallenge.
If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to reach out and ask.
Ryan Hamel, PE, CEM, CMVP
K-State Engineering Extension – Kansas Energy Program
2323 Anderson, Suite 300 │ Manhattan, KS 66502
785-532-3351 (office) │ 913-231-2760 (mobile)
785-532-6952 (fax) │ www.kansasenergyprogram.org